Sunday, October 3, 2010

Downgrade (Dahnya)

Tonight Fran and I participated in what had to be the world's fastest move. Nathan, our beloved reverend, moved out to his new home. While the privacy and addition to the study is welcome- I must admit that his wry wit will be missed. But, most especially, movie night will never be the same in our old Toshiba. With Nathan's departure, out goes his 32 inch HDTV flat screen. 


When we first moved to Mildred, Fran and I talked about upgrading his old television for a new one but, we didn't think it was a pressing expense. Now we are scrambling to replace old Toshi for something sleeker. Please send any deals our way! We will certainly thank you come movie night. 


Circa old school.


In the meantime, Nate's old room is empty and ready to be converted into a study. The Beast is going to be placed into his new home along with our forty year old metal desk (pictures soon to come). I am tempted to ask for the day at work tomorrow just to work on getting everything set up! All the more to look forward to this weekend- between the study and the dining room table, Mildred is becoming quite a diva. 


On a completely different note, I am happy my Francis is back home safe and sound. Mildred is truly not the same without you! Not to mention, folding the sheets is a two-man job...

3 comments:

  1. Poor Nathan, he gets a little nod but his TV gets a whole paragraph! I will miss him more than his TV. Good thing he isn't going far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure Nathan and the tv will be greatly missed! I'm going to Costco today, I'll keep my eyes peeled for some deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out craigslist I got my HDTV for "about $100" thanks Rain man

    ReplyDelete