Sunday, October 14, 2012

year 29 (dahnya)

It was the birthday that kept on giving! Be prepared. I am still in the midst of utter excitement about everything that has happened the past few days, I may ramble & bombard you with pictures...

Don't say I didn't warn you.

It all started on Thursday when I came home to this:
 

Yes. Fran MADE a massive fort and then took the giant frame we used for the wedding to create a GIANT screen to watch movies! If any of you have been following my pinterest, you will have noticed that a backyard movie theatre was one of my dreams. I couldn't have asked for more!

Except, there was more.

My family drove over 200 miles to spend the weekend here with us. I hadn't seen Claud or Osk or Alicia since July. Seeing them would have been gift enough but, they also came bearing many presents & even better, my mom's mexican cooking.

One of my favorite gifts: my mom saw this HK bouquet online, saw the price tag & balked. When she found a tutorial, she created my very own HK centerpiece! Any creativity I possess I owe to her.

Doakes eyeing my new Yoda doll, courtesy of Claudia. Which was a replacement for the last Yoda he had destroyed. Munching stuffed animals is his thing, you see.

My mom also made the meal that for the past five birthdays I have asked for: her enchiladas verdes with sopa seca (dry soup, aka mexican spaghetti). It doesn't photograph very well (or help slim your waistline any) but, believe me, it's to die for. 

In the midst of our food coma: facebooking, youtubing & studying for chemistry tests. 

 
The next morning involved Trader Joe's pumpkin pancakes (get them!) & barely breathing through  Felix Baumgartner's record breaking jump (how crazy was that moment when he stepped out of his ship?!).  

 
 
Surrounded by all my favorite people! Best. weekend. ever. If only it were my birthday every day. 

I know, I know. Then it wouldn't be special. Thank you family, I love you guys so very much!




2 comments:

  1. Love this! I hope you had a Happy Happy Birthday! Fran's fort idea was simply magical :) How sweet of your family to come by and make the day special for you! Sending you hugs and like always, we miss you down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!! That is superb. Well done, Fran! And well done, fam! What a great bday weekend.

    It's because they know that you won't have any fun at next year's number. ;-) Kidding! It's only a number!

    You're only as old as you look. :-D You're in the clear.

    ReplyDelete