Monday, August 6, 2012

spontaneous trip (Dahnya)

I was hobbling through Target Friday afternoon when I got a phone call from my mom asking me what we were up to this weekend. When I told her my foot was still acting up, she said, don't worry. Your dad & I will be there tonight!

If you wanted to see Olympic dashes in house cleaning, Friday afternoon I would have won gold. Despite the suddenness of the trip, having my parents over was so much fun. They came bearing with sopes, Mexican candy and tons of stories from their recent trips. 

The thing you need to know about my parents is that if you think I'm addicted to my phone, you only need to hang out with them for about 5 minutes (maybe less) to figure out I am only learning from the best (or worst). Between their love for pancakes & taking pictures, showing them Ft. Worth was a breeze. All we had to do was find a famous pancake restaurant & other photo worthy entertainment.

First stop: the Ol' South Pancake House where we discovered...

traditional German pancakes. HOLY MOLY are these things good! Basically it's a thick crepe that is spread with butter (Paula Deen amounts of it), powdered sugar & warm, freshly squeeze lemon juice. The neatest part is that the server does all this in front of you. The four of us were amazed and pretty much drooling by the time she had set the plate in front of me. 
Here is an action shot of them documenting the trip:

Action shot. I love them and their quirky ways.


From there the rest of the day sped by showing them the UTA campus, taking them through downtown Ft. Worth and exploring the park behind the house. Pretty soon, they were on their way back to Htown but, not before a massive farewell photo session with the world's neediest dog.

I love this picture!  

It was wonderful seeing our families back to back. I hope the wave of visitors doesn't dwindle because it's fun showing off the city to our loved ones. Who's up next? Claudia! Oskie!






No comments:

Post a Comment