Sunday, October 7, 2012

the dirty d (part I)

Four months into our move and we are just beginning to finally explore the DFW metroplex. It's actually been rather fun trying new things and attempting to find our niche.

I can't say that I'm in love with the area but, I am loving the weather (no humidity!) and looking for spots to hang out at as regulars. Last weekend was the Dallas Film Festival. It was the perfect opportunity to hop on 30 and head into Dallas and support a dear friend. 

the rare Francis smile caught on camera

Hi Kelly!

Our first stop was the Bishop Arts Center. I have to stop mentally comparing the places here to Houston but, it had a Rice Village-goes-boho vibe to it & was a nice, lazy stroll for a Sunday afternoon.

is it just me or is this not similar to Rice Village?

so many quirky details throughout!

Especially when you consider the breakfast-for-dinner (aka CARB CENTRAL) we got to indulge in:

a just as delicious as it was pretty mocha

lemon & honey beignets

the red velvet, gingerbread & strawberry chocolate chip pancake sampler (OMG)

Oddfellows is going on the keeper list
.
Beignets & pancakes followed by funky films? Let's keep these weekends coming, please.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Oddfellows!!!

    I want to LIVE in that restaurant. It was like a treehouse inside, all bright wood and natural lighting. Tons of windows that I would constantly have open to the street, too. LOVE IT!

    Did you see the crocheted trees? :-D

    ReplyDelete