Sunday, October 3, 2010

DC (Francis)


This weekend was the first time Dahnya and I have been apart for any extended length of time since we have been married. It was a bummer leaving but it was a good trip. I went to Washington DC to help put together a show of my grandfather's sculptural works. I also got to spend time with my Dad, grandmother and cousin Nicholas.


It was a rather busy weekend due the complete and utter lack of organization on the part of CUA, who was putting on the show. This was good though because I didn't have time to dwell on how much I was missing my wifey. They say that when you spend a lot of time with people you actually become addicted to them. I think this is true.

Dahnya seemed to be okay though. We texted all weekend like little school girls so we were in more or less in constant contact. Hi five to my sister Gen for dealing with Dahnya's Friday evening narcolepsy! They rented movies and as per usual Dahnya slept through both of them.

All in all this weekend was a great trip and a worth while one. However, it was bitter sweet to not have wifey there with me.



2 comments:

  1. At least you got to say hi to Obama for me! We need to hit up DC in style...

    ReplyDelete
  2. DC is one of my all-time favorite cities! I wish it were just a smidgen closer to Texas...in more ways than just physical distance, jaja!

    ReplyDelete