Sunday, May 20, 2018

Tile Trouble

Earlier this week, Fran and I went to order the flooring for the house. To say we were pumped is an understatement! We had picked everything out long before the house papers had been signed. So when we went in, we used the SKU I had saved on my Turner Ivey Pinterest board. 

While we were at the warehouse, I felt the floor was off, colorwise. But the SKU matched what I had notes in my board and therefore went ahead with the order. 

Well, rule number 1: always trust your gut. Because when we got home, the floor we had ordered was nothing like the sample we had brought back a month and a half before.


The very next day, Fran and I went back to switch the order before delivery Friday. We must’ve been in the store all of 15 minutes and in that time, Fran’s truck window was smashed in. 


My beloved Madewell tote was taken along with Fran’s backpack which had my laptop in it, too. The whole evening began a nightmare which involved police reports, closing bank accounts and attempting to prove my identity. 

It’s all still being sorted but the week started to look up when our 14 year old neighbor cut our lawn. 


Meanwhile Fran has become BFFs with the folks at Champion Rentals off 249. We rented a machine to buff the floors. The sander helped eliminate any gunk and really smooth out the floors in preparation for laying down the floors. 

The best part of the week was Friday morning when we welcomed the floor delivery truck! Once checking the order, we went to pick up the newly bandaged truck and try out Houston’s Truckyard for lunch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment