Sunday, May 13, 2018

I will build a Great Wall

This weekend saw the walls for the beams in the kitchen go up! And nobody builds a better wall than Fran, believe me. 


While Sheetrocking, we decided to go ahead and cover up the wallpaper in the dining room. The time spent on soaking and attempting to remove the wallpaper was starting to get ridiculous. Covering those ugly stripes was the best idea we’ve been given to date. 

Meanwhile part of my day was spent knocking out any remaining baseboards from awkward spots around the house. 


And when I wasn’t stuck in a closet, I was on my hands and knees hammering out these teeny carpet nails from the floor. It was not the worst job but thank goodness we had brought home the floor samples to help me keep the end goal in mind. Otherwise, i would’ve bailed three nails in (each room must’ve had hundreds).  


After this weekend, the walls and floors are almost ready! There are still a couple places that need some patching and Fran is going to work on leveling parts of the floors. Ultimately this week our goal is going to be purchasing toilets. We want to have the toilets in so that tiling can begin in those two rooms first. 

Finally, I’ll leave you with the current status of the kitchen:


If you look closely, you may notice that the ugliest vent hood of all is GONE! Funnily enough, I had recently sighed and pouted over it blocking light in the newly opened kitchen. Fran reminded me that the kitchen renovations won’t be taking place for another couple months- that I needed to be patient. 

Last night Fran started poking around it to see what it would take to have it come down- when it suddenly fell out! Only two nails had held it in place and luckily, no one was hurt. 

Only a couple more months and we can start tackling that room. I. Cannot. Wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment