Monday, September 5, 2011

The chronic what?! (Dahnya)

Of...FRANCIS!


Fran & I may be in a downturn of things (ie: Mildred decided to be a bitch & shut the air off in the midst of the worst summer in history, I lost my iPhone, we're at nilch money-wise, we both feel we are physically at our worst, I could go on, but I'll stop bombarding you)  and then suddenly I open the Houston Chronicle to find that my husband is prominently featured?! Well, duh. The crappy things start to look like specks of nothing after I realize I am married to a celebrity (okay, fine, not really but...he's in the flippin' paper)!


The opening, a few weeks back, was a lot of sweaty fun (you know it, those that attended). Of course, as his wife I thought each piece was special because I know just how much work, thought and effort went into them but it's not always that a piece/show is recognized and for that I am bursting full of pride for him. 


the hottie in gray on the left is mine, hands off girls.

Thank you to the Ledvina's for finding Fran the giant stash of bamboo- which is what the top picture featured was made of.


Take a read for yourself. Afterwards, stop by the show and check the pieces out in person. Believe me, they take on a new dimension when you know what they represent. 


PS: mad props to my dad, he sent a mass family email out & the responses from my uncles were hilariously over the top! Everything from Japanese minimalism to NYC million dollar penthouses were discussed in that chain.



3 comments:

  1. this is amazing!!! Congratulations Fran! We are definitely in the presence of a true art rock star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Fran!!!!! That is really promising of more great things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved the opening! truly inspired work!

    also awesome title for the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete