Thursday, July 21, 2011

57 Columbus (Dahnya)

The year before the wedding I joined the G's in their annual summer beach getaway in Rhode Island. Little did I know it is an annual tradition that I am now only too happy to partake in. 

The days consisted of lying out on the beach gossiping with Rosie G (hmm...potential name?). Paddling out into the freezing water with Chiara and people watching while swapping books with my favorite fellow bookworm, Gen. The evenings then consisted of boardgame showdowns with Mr. G and Dom. 


This year instead of RI we stayed in CT. If I had been less inclined to lounge on the beach, I would have been able to take pictures of the picturesque town of Old Lyme, alas my memory will need to make do because no pictures were taken in the night tours Mrs. G took me on. The house we stayed in had Mildred-esque touches- including spooky creaky noises in the middle of the night as well as pretty crystal knobs. 


The house also had endless book nooks to snuggle into at night. Other than being a reception black-hole, the consensus was that the house was ideal for summer of 2012.


I cannot say it enough, I am so grateful for the family I married into. It's not just my beach high that's speaking either. All 5* are truly amazing people. So, thank you universe for granting me a second family I can love and adore just like my own. 




Speaking of which, Fran and I will need to share our Scopa knowledge with the Garcia's. It's right up their alley...


*Matty, it was not the same without you. 

2 comments: