Sunday, December 5, 2010

House Shoes a new found wonder of Domesticity (Francis)

The holidays are upon us and with it comes Houston's version of winter. I don't know if it is because I've been here too long and I am losing my thick Yankee skin or it is actually a bit colder than usual. Either way our dear old Mildred has the insulation capacity of a screen door. In light of this I have traded in my usual shorts and bare feet for shorts and my wool Connecticut socks. My dear spouse decided this was quite the faux pas and being the ever giving spend thrift she is bought me some awesome house shoes.

When she pulled out the moccasin-looking things out of her bag I wasn't so sure at first. But I was quickly won over by the caress of their furry insides. The real question now is how long will they remain relegated only to the house? Articles like these (that have a highly specialized function and limited acceptable locations) have a tendency to mysteriously venture outside their accepted domain when I'm involved (see jorts).

3 comments:

  1. a. We need to add more lights to the bottom of the tree.
    b. I like the picture of the tree with your shoes- very festive!
    c. Mildred's dingy kitchen floor looks pretty cool next to your comfy shoes.

    Conclusion: those shoes go with anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. house shoes > white socks and shorts. socks are my nemesis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how much I learn from this blog! Maybe we should send you additional pairs of CT wool socks!

    ReplyDelete