Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dahnya lost her House boy (Francis)

So it's been one week back in classes and I think it is just hitting Dahnya that she no longer has her man at home to do chores while she brings home the bacon. Just earlier she was saying how during the week she caught herself thinking "I hope Fran does the laundry while I'm at work."















I got a nice ego boost from hearing this. It's nice always nice when little comments like that betray some truth about your significant other's real thoughts. She is ever appreciative of the work that I have been doing on the house and says so regularly. But it's thoughts like that that say, "He doesn't just sit on his ass all day at home maybe he will scratch this off the list too today." It's nice to know that you are contributing especially when you know it's not monetarily.

So today I had a another mini epiphany. Dahnya and I left our little house in the Heights (aka Mildred) for the City Center Mall in our white Toyota Prius. As we cruised along I had a very strong desire (as has been the case most days of late, thanks to our beloved house mate Nathan's infinite music library) to bump The Carter II.


After a few minutes of listening pleasure I realized that this was a rather bizarre scenario. I was in our new environmentally conscious vehicle with my beautiful Mexican wife. We were traveling to some swanky mall about to make an ill conceived attempt at finishing a grad school class presentation involving putting women's outfits together all the while listening to some gangster ass rap.



I scratched my chin perplexed... Hooray for blending cultural stereotypes!


P.S. I don't do my laundry in my underwear.







5 comments:

  1. The real question is: what did you google when you looked up the stud in his tightie whities?

    "yea I'm from up town"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world may never know.

    And you're from across the boarder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do said laundry in said undies. Think about the comfort level!

    Wait...it's in y'all's studio in a creepy hallway with a trippy lamp...maybe no so much on the undies. Perhaps more like a footed pajama outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA, I was SO going to make a joke about Fran doing laundry in his underwear.. but I'm a bit late.

    Way to be a great husband Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious as to what he googled as well!

    ReplyDelete