Saturday, April 21, 2018

We bought a house! 

On Friday the 13th for our 13th anniversary together, Fran and I signed over 120 documents to give each other a house! 


It took infinite patience, thorough research, reliable scanners and amazing people to have our dream come true. It’s funny how when we began the search (many years ago), we were vehemently opposed to leaving the Houston loop. But life has a way of steering you in a different direction when you least expect it. 

There were too many positives we couldn’t say no to. The house is four minutes from my folks in an amazing neighborhood full of lush vegetation and surrounded by tons of parks and hiking trails! Not to mention, the bones of the house made it easy for us to envision what it could become were it to become ours. 

We have BIG plans for every aspect of the house. And as the weeks go by, I’ll try my best to document the progress. Already I have failed because in my excitement to begin demo this morning, I completely forgot to take before pictures! Luckily for us, HAR still had them up and ready to go.

Say hello, to Turner Ivey: our new home!

The first couple weeks will have us living with my folks while we get in and start knocking stuff out. Some of it will be maintenance that goes along with an older home but other parts will involve fun stuff (i.e. knocking walls out). 

We cannot wait to get the ball rolling! 

1 comment: