Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Together We Fill Gaps" (Francis)



Here is a scene from Rocky that has really stuck with me since watching it with my sick brother-in-law last weekend (that boy loves him some Sly). You may remember that in the clip Rocky invents his meat locker training technique. But he also has a great conversation with his future brother-in-law. It's the full scene but it's a great scene, I promise it will be worth your while. Listen for this:

Paulie: [talking about Adrian] You like her?
Rocky: Sure, I like her.
Paulie: What's the attraction?
Rocky: I dunno... she fills gaps.
Paulie: What's 'gaps'?
Rocky: I dunno, she's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps.


P.S. Rocky and Paulie's relationship is nothing like Oscar and mine... Just to clarify.

3 comments:

  1. Luckiest girl alive. Not just anyone drops everything at the drop of a hat to rush by your side!

    And, Rocky, he's a pretty swell fellow. Thanks for introducing us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thought: how unsanitary to be around all that raw meat.

    Being a nurse has made me such a germaphobe... then I remember that Fran's definitely used to this scene thanks to Central Market.

    Second thought: ooh, I'm glad I read this twice... I thought he was saying 'she's got gaps, I like to fill her gaps'

    I need to get my mind out of the gutter

    ReplyDelete