Thursday, July 5, 2012

slow & steady (dahnya)

It's been a few days since the news of the move.

Those days flew by quickly filled with tense house hunting. All the houses I had mentioned in the prior post fell through, which had me hush-hush about any other houses with saw. Just in case, I didn't want to jinx things again!

The house we are moving into Sunday (yes, Sunday) was found thanks to the internet. Checked out by Fran and then thanks to his diligent photographs & documentation via videos decided to be our place.

It is safe to say that I am somewhat nervous about moving into the house but I trust Fran utterly. Not to mention the pictures & videos he took gave me a pretty good feel of the place. I am already busy sketching out the layout and different things I want to attempt within its walls.

it was very exciting to have Fran arrive Wednesday night with the keys to our new place!

All the energy that has gone to finding the new house (who is as of yet unnamed) has zapped any desire I have to pack up Mildred. 

I don't know exactly what it is (other than sheer laziness) but Fran & I invested so much love & TLC into this place that leaving it seriously feels as I am tearing off a teeny bit of my heart. I realize that sounds completely idiotic- considering it's just a house. But, it was so much more. It was where our families gathered the night before the wedding. Where all our siblings spent copious amounts of time in at some point or another. Where we brought Doakes into. It was our first home. Period. 

In the meantime, my beloved knobs are off Mildred's cabinets, awaiting life in the future house's kitchen.

The house is almost all packed up ready to be loaded with the exception of a few odds & ends.

Someone that is bound to be beyond excited about the move? Doakes. There is going to be a fenced-in backyard for him to run around in 24/7. 

With that, I leave you all with a peek of the new house. 




2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting!! I cannot wait to meet shim (the house) in person!

    Party on!

    ReplyDelete