Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2 Months in (Francis)


So as Dahnya said above we had planned to start this as soon as we got back from Ireland but life happened as per usual. But in regards to the late start you will get no apology from me. Stalkers!

But yeah, we have had some serious tunnel vision for the past month or so. Hardly any friends or family had heard from us I almost forgot about the show I was putting a video in this month, it was bad. I have discovered that I am, what a dear friend and now neighbor called, a "nester." I became completely and utterly consumed with fixing the house (Mildred) up. So much so that I have to keep telling myself, "It's a rental, it's a rental." But it looks great! Maybe I will dedicate my next post to before and after photos. Playing house is super fun! Don't judge me!

So I have decided that that marriage is like super legitimized dating. It's just like dating but is way more fun cause you don't have to leave at the end of the night and then call when you get home ( I hate the phone) because she or he is right there and your parents are totally cool with that.

Anyway, have I mentioned that I have a ginormous studio in the backyard? Yeah, I'm just now starting to get settled in there and working. The only downfall is it isn't climate controlled. Dahnya did however, get me a super bad ass oscillating fan. It's made by a company called Borg, hooray for geek-dom.

I digress, I know that we are still in the honeymoon period so things are supposed to be awesome. But, I have also heard that the first two years are the hardest so bring it on.

4 comments:

  1. I love my iPhone but I hate talking into it. Must be why I married you.

    PS: we have before pictures?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PPS. You guys are too cute! Post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, it has been worth all the hard work and sweat... Mildred looks AMAZING! and not to take credit away from Dahnya (because I'm sure she's a great delegator) but its all thanks to you!

    And no worries about the first 2 years of marriage...our first year has been the best of our whole relationship. Its so much better living together - you don't need to worry about calling on the phone, arranging when to see each other, etc. Even if you both have crazy hectic days - at the end of the day, you get to crawl into bed together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see this diary, thanks for sharing. I hope all is good, and that pictures of Ireland are soon included. The before / after pictures of Mildred is an awesome idea!

    Blessings.
    Oscar.

    ReplyDelete